Points to Gas
How to Redeem:
- Visit any Mr. Crescent kiosk and swipe your Crescent Club card to access your account
- Select 'Points to Items'
- Select 'Items' and then 'Crescent Market'
- Select 'Gas' and enter to total amount of gas you wish to redeem for points
- A gas voucher will print from the kiosk to present at the Crescent Market
- This benefit is available to all Crescent Club members, 21 years of age or older with valid photo ID.
- Gas may redeemed for Crescent Club points at 10 points per $1 in gas.
- Guests may only redeem up to $50 in gas voucher per day.
- Gas vouchers expire at midnight five (5) days from date of issue.
- Benefit is exclusive the Crescent Club members and is non-transferrable and non-negotiable.
- Guests must present valid photo ID and their Crescent Club card with the gas voucher at the time of sale.
- Gas vouchers have no cash value and no change will be given for purchases totaling less than the voucher amount.
- Gas vouchers are redeemable for fuel purchases only.
- Guests are responsible for all tax requirements. All non-gaming awards and prizes will be aggregated for the year for tax reporting purposes.
- Snoqualmie Casino is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information on any advertising material for this promotion, including, handbills, fliers, posters, signs, billboards, newspaper or spoken advertisements.
- Snoqualmie Casino is not responsible for expired, lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed vouchers.
- The management of Snoqualmie Casino reserves the right to change, cancel or modify this benefit without notice for any reason.
- The management of Snoqualmie Casino reserves the right to change, cancel or modify this benefit without notice for any reason.Any Patron who has any dispute, disagreement, or other grievance regarding the play or Any Patron who has any dispute, disagreement, or other grievance regarding the play or operation of any Gaming Activity, including a refusal to pay any alleged winnings from Gaming Activities, may raise such dispute with the following persons and in the following order: (a) a member of the staff of the Gaming Operation, (b) the supervisor in the area in which the dispute arose, (c) the CEO, (d) the Commission; and (e) Snoqualmie Tribal Court. Patrons that are unsatisfied with the decision of the CEO, who wish to file a formal dispute with the Gaming Commission, may do so at www.snocasino.com/dispute/.